Successfully complete our courses and you could start or progress your career as a fitness professional – either with a company or as a freelancer.
As a fitness instructor, you will be able to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction sessions through gym-based exercise. You can do this through3:
- Fitness assessments, consultations and introduction sessions for new clients
- Demonstrating activities for clients to follow
- Showing clients how to use exercise machines and free weights properly
- Supervising clients to make sure that they are exercising safely and effectively
You could earn £13,000 to £20,000 per year working with a gym, and up to £20 per hour as a freelance professional3.
As a personal trainer, you will be able to work with individuals or small groups, setting targets for your clients, creating specialised personal training programmes and supporting them to achieve results. You can4:
- Educate, motivate and coach clients to help them follow their programmes safely and effectively
- Give clients advice on health, nutrition and lifestyle changes
- Create and guide clients through tailored workouts
- Check and record clients' progress
You could earn £20 to £100 per hour as a freelance trainer4.
Specialist in sports conditioning
As a sports specialist in golf, football, tennis or road cycling, you could join a club or company, or become a freelance professional, providing fitness programmes to individuals and teams.